Substitute Services

Substitute teaching
Top of Page

Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute teacher for Shasta Union High School District!
Substitute teachers provide a valuable service to our students and District, and we appreciate the efforts and contribrutions substitute teachers provide in the absence of the classroom teacher. 
The Shasta County Office of Education maintains the county-wide substitute teacher list. You must register with them prior to being eligible to work at Shasta Union High School District as a substitute teacher.  For more information, visit their website at  
Upon clearance, they will issue you a yellow clearance card and you will be eligible to substitute for our high schools.  Please fill out our substitute packet and bring in your yellow clearance card to our District Office to get added into our system. Please be prepared to provide employment verification documents.
For questions, contact Human Resources at 530.241.3261 ext 10511