Shasta Adult School

SAS new logo
Office Hours:  Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. or by appointment
590 Mary Street
Redding, CA  96001
(530) 245-2626

It’s Never Too Late For a Brighter Future
Top of Page

Earn Your High School Diploma or Equivalency if you are at least 18 years old
  • Flexible, Convenient Programs
  • Independent Study
  • No Cost
  • Start At Any Time
We can help you meet your personal goal and open doors to further training, education, job promotions, or a new career!
Shasta Adult School Diploma through Credit Recovery: We identify the credits you need and work with you on a self-paced independent study program that can be computer or paper-based. You meet regularly with a teacher to guide you through all your work. There is no cost for this program.
High School Equivalency Certificate through the HISET Exam: We offer the exam monthly at our location. Our teachers provide individual test prep sessions by appointment where you can earn a voucher to take the test for free. 
Why should I get my diploma? A diploma enables you to be eligible for further training, such as trade schools, the military, financial aid eligibility, and college enrollment. A diploma has also opened many doors for graduates through job offers, promotions, and salary increases. 
How do I get started? Your first step is to provide us a high school transcript from the last school you attended. We will do our best to help you with this step. Once we evaluate your transcript, we have you come in for a short diagnostic test and then recommend the best pathway for you.
If you already have a copy of your transcripts, you can scan and email them to or drop them off at our office (see hours above).
If you don't have a copy, but attended school in our district (Enterprise, Foothill, Shasta, U-Prep, Pioneer, North State, Shasta Collegiate, Catalyst, or Freedom) send us an email and provide us with your full name while in high school, birth date, the name of the high school(s) you attended, and the year(s). If you attended out of our District, please call that district and request a transcript to be emailed directly to us.
If you need assistance with this, let us know!
We look forward to working with you!
If you are at least 18 and want to enroll to finish your high school diploma or equivalency, Shasta Adult School offers
our monthly 1.5-hour orientation and enrollment sessions to get started. 
If you are attending for the first time or if it has been more than 9 months since you last earned credit or attended an orientation, you must sign up for a session.